Saturday, August 25, 2007

Buying a Car.... ... ... ?

Today, we went to McPhillips Toyota to buy a car. We were hoping to get a 2007 Corolla. I initially was thinking of getting a smaller subcompact like the Toyota Yaris or Honda Fit. The Yaris didn't really get good reviews. Then I was surprised to find that the Corolla's fuel efficiency is just the same as the Fit. The Honda Civic definitely looked better that the Corolla (which hasn't received a facelift for several years) but fuel efficiency was more important to me. Hybrids like the Toyota Prius and Civic Hybrid were out of my price range. So we settled with the standard/manual 2007 Corolla which would also get us a rebate from the Government. As fate would have it the 2007 Corolla's were wiped out. So we had to look through the 2008 Corollas. We were still looking for a certain manual package which they also didn't have on site. We decided to take the available one for a test drive (this was a bit more expensive than the one we were looking for). It's been a long time since I've driven a manual so I started slow but quickly got accustomed to it. After the test drive I was slowly leaning toward getting the car (sucker?). So we went to check how much it would cost us. That all seemed to be a formality as we decided to get it. In this application, Mean would be be the principal purchaser(?) since she has the credit history while I would be supporting. However, after a bit of a wait, we weren't automatically approved. We would have to wait until Monday to find out if we could get the car. That was definitely a big letdown. I was expecting to drive out of there with a new car. I guess we have to cross our fingers for Monday. If we don't get it, then I guess it really isn't time yet. Was still sad though since my mind was in new car mode for the day.

Oh and thanks to Tito Randy and Tita Ana for accompanying and helping us out at the dealership.

No comments: