Thursday, March 29, 2007

Cathay Pacific Responds

It was snowing a lot this morning. But given the temperature, there was virtually no sign of it in the afternoon.

Still studying at work. I'm trying to read Design Patterns by the Gang of Four. I actually had my own copy (not hardcover, significantly smaller print and cheaper paper) but I couldn't stay awake reading it. Now I'm really trying hard while I have the time. It probably would have been an easier read if I started with Head First Design Patterns. I always liked the Head First way of computer books started by Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates. In fact I became an SCJP (1.4) due in large part to their pre-Head First book, Sun Certified Programmer & Developer for Java 2 Study Guide.

Got a small surprise today. Someone from Cathay Pacific Customer Relations sent me air mail about my baggage incident. Basically he says that the procedure done by Cathay staff was correct but he was sorry for inconvenience caused and the level of service and poor impression caused by Philippine staff. Now I never said that the Manila staff were at fault. I even blamed myself for not making sure what I did with my baggage was correct. I just stated that it would make sense if both airlines could accommodate this case. Hopefully nobody from Philippine staff is punished or something. But there, I'm really impressed with this personalized response though and I commend Cathay's Customer Relations for it.

No comments: