Saturday, June 23, 2007

Driving School

Today I had a driving lesson. I thought it was going to be a 1 day refresher before I take the driving test. As it turns out, I'm not ready for the driving test. I, and I'm sure most pinoy drivers, have so many bad habits they have to get rid of before passing the test here. Here's a list of things I have to learn and habits I have to fix for the road test (wether I should fix some of them for actual driving, I'll have to think about):
- Lacking awareness of road signs
- There are very few left turn traffic signals here. Vehicles intending to turn left in an intersection with a traffic light can do so when their side has a green light and traffic is clear in the opposite lane or when the light turns yellow. It's not as simple as that of course but I don't feel like describing everything right now.
- The way I hold the steering wheel when making a sharp turn. I find it hard to describe in text so I'll just say it's an annoying adjustment.
- Not making a shoulder check when changing lanes (only relying on mirrors).
- Forgetting to turn off left/right signals.
- We didn't do this during the lesson but I know I have to work on parallel parking.

So I didn't really do too well. Well, I think a big part of it is because I hate driving when someone's dictating or noticing all the little faults I make. I'm definitely less relaxed in that situation. But it's still good I made the mistakes I made so I can stick it in my head until my Driving test. So there. Right now I hate driving. I can't wait for this to be all over.

1 comment:

Driving Schools said...

Driving school gives drivers the opportunity to gain valuable experience and hours behind the wheel. All that in-car practice will increase your chances of passing your tests.

Manitoba Driving Schools